The Bunk Factory
Unit 13a. Armstrong Court
North Seaton Industrial Estate
Tel: 07456 747646
Terms of Trading
It is our intention that all our transactions are carried out within the recommended terms of the Distance Selling Regulations 2000. To comply with the PayPal, EBay and Amazon rules and
regulations and to supply goods in an honest and truthful manner by offering the very highest level of quality and service at all times. This will lead us to operate a well respected and profitable
business for the benefit of all concerned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE OF THE BUNK FACTORY
The following terms and conditions are the terms on which The Bunk Factory sells products and supersedes all other terms and conditions
relating to the subject matter of these Conditions
- The price (inclusive of VAT where applicable) for the Goods shall be the quoted price of the Seller and payment of the price shall be made by the Buyer before despatch or, when agreed in advance,
within 7 days of the date of the invoice for the Goods
- In all cases payment for goods under the value of £25 is ‘Payment with Order’.
- To prevent Fraud, where payment is made by credit/debit card direct to ourselves we will only despatch goods to the same address as the card holder and only refund (when applicable) to the same
We will accept the return of goods on the following conditions:
- When agreed in advance by the Seller
- They have not been used, assembled or modified.
- They are still in the original packaging.
- All returns are at the cost to the Buyer to our designated UK address.
Faulty or Damaged Goods.
- We will replace all faulty or damaged goods at no cost to the Buyer subject to:
- They have not been signed for as ‘Perfect’ from the Carrier
- The fault was reported within 7 days from receipt.
- The goods have not been damaged by incorrect assembly.
- The replacement will apply strictly to the identified faulty or damaged component and no consideration will apply for time and labour and any other cost incurred by the Buyer or their Agent.
- Where there is a genuine reason to return the goods and a refund is agreed the following will apply:
- No refund will be made for the original delivery charge (where appropriate) unless the goods have been established as Faulty and/or Damaged.
- On completion of all relevant documentation the refund will be made by whichever payment option was selected by the Buyer at the point of purchase.
- As we do not keep any records of customer card details apart from our copy of the payment voucher it will be necessary for the Buyer to provide these same details again to action the refund
unless the goods were purchased through PayPal. In this instance the refund will be dealt with through the PayPal approved system.
- The refund will be made within 7 days of completion of all paperwork etc. and an inspection made of the returned goods.
- Where the purchase was for a custom or bespoke product a handling charge of 25% will be deducted from the refund for whatever reason the refund has been agreed.
- It is the responsibility of the Buyer to ensure that the goods are returned to our designated UK address within 30 days of receipt by the Buyer after which we will consider the goods as accepted
in full and no refund will be made. Notwithstanding this, to maintain Good Order, an ‘ex gratia’ payment may be made without responsibility or liability being given or implied.
- Any shortages will be made up at the cost to the Seller with the exception of goods signed for by The Buyer or His/Her Agent from the carrier and not received.
Title and Risk
- The Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer following delivery to the ENTRANCE to the Buyers’ premises. If the Buyer requests the goods to be delivered to, or erected in another part of the
premises this will be at the discretion of the Seller. No liability shall be accepted for damage to the Goods, the Buyers premises or contents in this instance.
- In the case of Bunk Beds the Seller will not accept liability for the failure of the Buyer to use the Bunk Beds in the recommended manner i.e. Only one person to the top bunk, children under the
age of 6 years old should not be allowed on the top bunk, the Bunk Beds must be securely fastened to a wall or the floor to prevent ‘Toppling’, always use the ladder to enter or leave the top bunk,
prevent ‘horse play’ on the bed, ensure all fastenings are secure on a regular basis, The surface of the top mattress should not be less than 6.25ins (160mm) from the top of the guardrails, the
recommended mattress thickness is 145mm. Mattresses must be of the correct size. The recommended maximum weight load for each mattress is 60kg. (10 stones)
- Notwithstanding delivery, title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has made payment of all sums owing to the Buyer.
- Until such time as title in the Goods passes to the Buyer the Seller shall have the right to repossess or otherwise recover the Goods.
Limitation and Liability
- The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer in respect of any loss or injury suffered by the Buyer due to any defect in the Goods
- Without prejudice to the above the Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer or any third party for any loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Buyer arising in any way
from this Agreement.
- The liability of the Seller under any Condition shall not exceed the Price paid.
The Seller shall not be liable for any default due to any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Seller including, but not limited to, Acts of God, war, civil unrest, riot, strike,
lock-out, act of civil or military authorities, fire, flood, earthquake or shortage of supply or failure to deliver of the suppliers of the Supplier.
- If any term or provision of these Conditions is held invalid illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any Court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of
the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Conditions had been agreed with the invalid illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated
- The seller may without the consent of the Buyer sublicense its rights or obligations or any part of these conditions.
- Any dispute regarding items sold via EBay or Amazon will be referred to their respective Arbitration Service for decision.
- The headings in these Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of any of these Conditions.
Each of the parties agrees that save in respect of statements made fraudulently it shall have no remedy in respect of any untrue statement upon which it relied in entering this Agreement and that
its only remedies shall be for breach of contract
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales
Rights of the Consumer
Nothing in these Conditions shall affect the statutory rights of a consumer.